11.03.2008

This post is real long


I went to a mosque with a group from the base. 

We actually met with the Imam and it was a really tough experience. He really knew what to say to shut down our questions but we prayed a lot and it was good to be there discussing things with those people, and actually a lot of people came. 
I don't think Christians go sit down in Mosques and debate in a friendly way very often, ha.
But it was really tough and a little discouraging because we didn't really get anywhere except to disagree. 
But hopefully some of the questions we raised planted some seeds of truth in their hearts, especially the younger kids there.

And before we left the Imam was like if the Holy Ghost is real, I want him, and more than anything else I pray that Allah will reveal the truth of these things. 
We were like, well alright keep praying that man, because He will!

And one girl with us was amazingly bold and said - in the mosque - 'I just want you to know, Jesus died for you and you and you and He loves you.' and everyone was just like .......gasp. I felt SO awkward and the Imam was like 'He didn't die but thank you.' 
Even though it was so tense in that moment I was so proud of her for saying that. There is so much power in just those words and that may be the only time those men and young boys ever hear those words in their lives.

I took some photos, possible the best I've ever taken, even some of the Imam, and when I got home I saw that the mirror inside my film camera was crooked... possibly making all the pictures I took completely blank. But I still haven't developed them so pray God will do a miracle with those photos.  
I took some of these muslim german boys that were like 9 or 10 and they like huddled and talked after I took it. One of the german girls told me that one of the boys was like 'She came all the way from America and took a picture of ME!' Man, so cute. 

Right after that we went to another city-and went to a meeting of muslim women hanging out. It was really hard too. One girl decided to accept Allah as her god and submit to him or whatever they call converting to Islam. And we were just sitting there while she said the prayer and I didn't know what to do- we just prayed in our hearts. Crazy.

Please pray that I can have boldness and courage to speak God's truth in these places. Its really easy for me to be intimidated and not say anything. Pray that God will use us being there to bring His presence to these really empty places. 

And right now both of my cameras aren't working... Please pray for that too.

2 comments:

Allyson Dobbins said...

AH!
Joanna, i am beyond proud of you.
I pray that you will walk in the Supernatural boldness that it takes to speak truth in a place where the truth is clouded by darkness.

Don't loose sight of the One who created truth.
He will give you all the strength you need:)

oh, and i will be praying for those cameras of yours!

John 14:12

Rebekah Lain said...

i pray for you everyday