1.02.2009

It’s time to show new eyes their home.


So you know Christmas was good. 
Berlin is an incredible city and Nicky is a wonderful person so everything worked out really nicely. 
It was so encouraging to look at his face and hear his voice and tell him about everything that I've been through in the last four months and to hear the same from him. We've changed a lot, but not really. 
I couldn't even look at Nicky's face when I first saw him at the airport. Seriously, it was the freaking weirdest feeling. But when we got used to looking at each other again and Nicky recovered from ultimate jet lag, we got to see a lot of Berlin. There were tons of Christmas markets with German treats everywhere, breathtaking historical monuments and like such as, and we even made friends with the Mexicans and Australians in our hostel room and they bought Nicky birthday presents. Weird life.
We went back to the base on Christmas day and had tasty, tasty Christmas dinner with Lucy, my brazilian mentor. 
It was so encouraging just to be with Nicky, and to talk about everything and pray. That week was the best christmas present. 


Lately I've been packing up my things, missing Nicky again, hearing lots of lectures on what not to do on outreach, getting/praying for our camera equipment, last days coloring parties, praying for the HCC Ski Trip 09, stuff like that.
 
My mind is crazy, my heart is different, my body is sore, my stuff is all over the place. But I got boxes of malaria pills and tmax film and thats all I really need.

I have 48 hours until I live in Ethiopia. 
It’s time to show new eyes their home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your Christmas was so good to you! And everything sounds well and cool and fun and life changing. I'll be praying for you in Ethiopia. Crazy, Joanna.

J.P. Robinson said...

I'm so proud of you, Joanna! I'm praying for you. The ski trip was incredible--thanks for praying!

Anonymous said...

Thank the Lord for tmax- what would we do without it?
I'm praying for you! Have fun, Dear.

Anonymous said...

Joanna,
you are missed.
and I just wanted to tell you how amazing i have always thought you were:)