10.07.2008

Engraved on the Palm of His Hands

I just came upstairs from our first regular dts class.

To sum it up- 
I sat on the floor, weeping, crying louder than I ever have before tears of brokenness and healing.
People prayed for me and each other, some of them fell to ground, some laughed.
God began healing me in places I had pushed so deep inside of myself that I didn't even realize had been hurting for so long. 
I can hear Him again. I want so much more. 

This verse came to me from two separate times this morning and it has some of the most beautiful words I've ever been told-

"I will not forget you. 
See, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands." Isaiah 49:16

What God showed me, was that to hear Him, I have to be honest with Him... and myself.
I had to be okay with saying, 
God I don't know if I love you.
But what I do know is that I want to.
God I'm not happy with my life. I wish I was making a difference. I wish I trusted you.
But I know you can help me to know you- to trust you,
I know you can use me to make a difference in the world. But first I need you to heal me, and to show me who I am. 

He changed my heart because I finally showed it to Him and I am falling in love with Him again.

Oh and on my way upstairs to write this- there was something in my mailbox.
The Ordinary Radicals movie. 

:-) :-) :-)

2 comments:

J.P. Robinson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J.P. Robinson said...

So so stoked to hear this! Sounds like an intense time with God (the lover of your soul). And guess what was in my mailbox this morning? The ordinary Radicals Movie! Weird.