10.01.2008

Some Things I Didn't Expect


Things I never expected...

- That Jan Schlegel (Pronounced Yann Shlaygul) would look exactly like Chris Farley...

- That I'd be in a dark room till 3 AM most days

- That Shiza is not really a cuss word, just really fun to say ALL the time.

- That I would get to witness a purple exercise ball being thrown out of a castle window.

- That I would actually be excited about coming home in April. I already can't wait.

- Velvet couches.

- That I would meet the most frustrating people I've ever encountered. Along with the most beautiful and fantastic.

- That I would see such prevalent racism still existing. East Germany still has a lot of Nazis and its really so spiritually dark in some of these towns. Germany is such a beautiful, sad country. Its like the most beautiful woman you've ever seen with huge sad eyes. You can tell the people, the towns have seen so many sad and terrible things. But God brings beauty and restoration and its so incredible to witness.

- That an ocean apart is really. far.

- That you can seriously take a dance party anywhere you can think of.

- That I would wake up and hate where I am.

- That I would wake up and I know I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

- That I would be taking cross-country roadtrips through Germany, 
meeting people who are lost and people who are shining, 
and sleeping on church floors as I go. 


God has bigger dreams than I could ever imagine. 

2 comments:

Allyson Dobbins said...

well, i didn't expect to miss you as much as i do.

Rebekah Lain said...

oh jo jo
i love you